I've been involved in the sport in some way, shape or form since I was 17, so it's easy to take for granted how cool my "every day life" can be. With these posts I'll try to give you a behind the scenes look at what you can't catch just by watching the sport on TV.
We've had three races already this season, plus a media tour in Miami and a test here in Charlotte so this post is a bit of a catch-up. Moving forward I'll try to post once per race. I hope y'all enjoy!
- As a PR rep you sometimes wear lots of hats. At Daytona in January this included lugging around an extra firesuit and helmet for media availability.
- It rained the entire race-day in Daytona and I prayed for it to stop so we could race and so I could get back to Charlotte to see my parents. I snapped a picture of the most beautiful sunset over the race track as the rain began to clear.
- Boarding a plane to Miami while I finished some post-race work from the weekend before. Sometimes our trips are back to back so you learn to use your time wisely.
- Behind the scenes at Telemundo filming a segment for "Titulares y Mas.
- At the Yahoo! Deportes offices in Miami. As a Hispanic PR rep this was one of my favorite moments.
- Waiting for the Sprint Cup Series race to end at Martinsville Speedway so that we could finally race. It had rained all weekend long.
- Celebrity chef Lorena Garcia cooked some delicious Mexican food for the race track that our team was able to taste test.
- Two of the drivers for my team about to be introduced at Kansas Speedway before the race.
- Two crew members from my team watching the final laps of the race at Kansas Speedway. After what had been a long and eventful race all of us were holding our breathe at the end.