It's getting colder in Charlotte, and when the temperature begins to drop, there's nothing I want more than to curl up on the couch with comfort food and a good movie. I baked this dish for my roommate and I earlier this week and it was perfect for a lazy night in.
- 1 lbs uncooked pasta (Rotini is my favorite, but you can use whatever you'd like)
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 26 oz jar spaghetti sauce (I recommend using a little more because it's a bit dry)
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- Boil water and cook the pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook about 5 minutes or until brown, don't drain. Add the salt, oregano, pepper, spaghetti sauce, Parmesan cheese, and cooked pasta.
- Transfer it all to a casserole dish, cover with mozzarella and bake for 30-40 minutes.